Firearms Administration Assistant - HC 2211
We are currently recruiting for a Firearms Administration Assistant, the successful candidates will provide a range of administrative support functions in matters relating to the Firearms and Licensing Department, ensuring a high level of customer service is achieved.
Some of the key Accountabilities are:
1. To be responsible for a range of general clerical tasks in connection with the issue of firearm, shotgun or explosives certificates including:
- To open, sort and distribute post received in the office
- To receipt and bank fees received in the office
- To send out renewal and reminder letters to certificate holders
- To manage various GP correspondence
- Scan documents
2.To interrogate National Firearms Licensing Management System (NFLMS) to identify certificate holders who have failed to renew their certificates
3.To contact the certificate holder to discuss and advise course of action required for renewal of firearms, shotguns and security of Firearms
4. To contact and instruct the FEO to visit certificate holders who have failed to renew their firearms, shotgun or explosives certificates
Applicants who have applied for the same role in the previous 12 months will not be considered.
Hampshire Constabulary is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people. We value equality, diversity and inclusivity in our workforce and welcome applications from across our entire diverse community. In order to truly reflect the communities we serve we are particularly keen to recruit people from Black, Asian, and other minority ethnic backgrounds and under-represented groups. If you meet this criteria and would like support with your application and recruitment please contact email@example.com
Fairness and Equality forms a part of Hampshire Constabulary’s Core Values and this will therefore form an integral part of the recruiting and selection process. Although Fairness and Equality may not be assessed or questioned as a stand-alone topic, it will be threaded throughout the recruiting and selection process. It is therefore advisable that you are able to provide positive evidence in this area.