Enforcement Officer - Part Time - 1 year Fixed Term
The Council manages over 50 car parks within the New Forest area and has additional responsibilities for the enforcement of highway waiting restrictions.
We are looking for a flexible and self motivated team player to join our Enforcement Officers for a 12 month contract. Reporting to your enforcement supervisor, the EO will undertake enforcement of on and off street parking regulations through the issue of Penalty Charge Notices. Some cash collection may be involved.
Full training will be given, but the successful candidate will have to..
- Have the ability to gain a detailed knowledge of the regulations
- Be a good communicator with the ability to act courteously and professionally in circumstances that can be contentious.
- Be a team player
- Have the ability to keep legible accurate records to a standard that can be used in Court.
- Hold a current and full driving license.
The successful candidate will work 22.5 hours per week throughout the District operating from Marsh Lane Depot, Lymington.
If you would like to find out more about this role and for an informal discussion please contact David Hurd (Enforcement Manager) on 02380 285588.
What we can offer in return is a great place to work and a great team to work with. We believe that all employees make a valuable contribution to the work of the Council and that is why we encourage a trusting and open culture where each employee is supported and respected equally, ideas are actively sought and self development promoted.
- 22 days annual leave
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (free 24 hour legal, financial and personal advice for employees
We recognise and value the benefits of a diverse workforce and we welcome applications from all sections of our community.
This post will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.