Head of Housing Finance
Winchester City Council currently manages over 5000 social tenancies across a district covering much of central Hampshire with a commitment to increasing this through our own development programme
The Council has an ambitious self funding business plan which is committed to investing in existing homes, building new Council homes for the first time in a generation, investing in improving estates and neighbourhoods and improving on an already impressive level of Customer Satisfaction.
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for an outstanding Head of Housing Finance who will be responsible for:
- Providing effective advice to Housing and Corporate Finance teams on all strategic housing financial matters
- Ensuring that the Council maintains an effective 30 year financial plan for its Housing Revenue Account and that risk is effectively managed within the plan,
- Assessing financial viability of all new build and other housing capital projects
- Preparing grant bids to Homes England/central Government
- Leading on establishing housing companies or other vehicles to support the ambitious development programme
- Identifying and implementing improvements which will enhance the financial performance of the Housing Business Plan.
- Managing a range of information systems to support the delivery of Housing services
- Ensuring all housing services deliver Value for Money for customers.
To succeed, you must be a qualified accountant with a commercial approach and commitment to customer focus. You will need to have proven experience of financial management in the housing sector, business planning and risk management within a complex organisation, as well as the ability to analyse complex information and communicate findings concisely to senior managers, councillors and tenants.
Closing date – Sunday 24th June 2018
Interview date – Thursday 5th July 2018