Casual Activity Leader HCC2667569
Part of Hampshire County Councils Countryside Service, Staunton Farm is a unique site offering visitors a chance to meet a range of animals, explore the walled gardens and Victorian glasshouse before adventuring into the 1,000 acre listed Regency parkland. Staunton Farm is a busy site with over 280,000 visitors each year. The site has a dedicated education team who deliver educational sessions to over 12,000 school children each year.
We are looking for an upbeat and flexible person to join our team. This role is extremely diverse and activity leaders will be needed to deliver both formal and informal educational activities. Our activity leaders need to be full of energy, bright and bubbly with experience of interacting with customers.
Activities you will deliver include:
- Events such as Christmas and Halloween require our activity leaders to dress up and help children have a magical experience whether it is meeting Santa or visiting our creepy animal encounter area.
- Holiday crafts and face painting is delivered by activity leaders during the school holidays. Activity leaders assist children to take part in a craft and run a face painting stand.
- Guided birthday party sessions including setting up and clearing down, looking after a birthday party group, leading children in a variety of games and activities and ensuring they have everything the group need for their tea.
- Guided school sessions around the farm and gardens on topics such as mini beasts, plants, animal care etc. for nursery, primary and secondary school aged children. These sessions are based around a series of outdoors games and activities and tend to be seasonal with the majority of school visits between March and July.
- Assisting with informal clubs at the weekends such as our Junior Farm Ranger group and our John Muir award scheme, supervising children and leading outdoor activities.
The activity leader role is a casual contract and hours will be dependent on the groups and events that we have booked in.
If you would like an informal chat or a tour of the site before applying please do contact the Farm and Engagement Officer.